Saturday, July 6, 2013

Meeting the Fam

I had a little trouble with the internet connection last night, so the previous post is actually from yesterday (Friday) night.  Right now it is Saturday night, and I just got home from the mall with some of my american friends (Richard, Agatha, Tim, and Tafari) and all of our host siblings.  We saw the new Superman movie!

This morning Ivy and I practiced my Chinese, and I registered at the police station.  Then, we went over to Ivy's uncle's house, where we had a big family lunch.  Shushu (uncle) taught me how to make dumplings and then I watched Life of Pi with Ivy, her cousin Zoe, and their younger cousin Polo.  Afterwards, ayi (aunt) prepared pork, beef, shrimp, fish, noodles, rice, and soup for a big dinner.  I couldn't eat a lot because I had just eaten so many dumplings a few hours earlier!  The food was delicious though, and the entire family (2 uncles, 3 aunts, 2 cousins, mom, dad, and Ivy) all commented on how quickly I learned to use chopsticks!

This is me and Ivy making dumplings! 

 At dinner with mama and Ivy.

 Me, Polo, and ayi


No comments:

Post a Comment